by John Miller, Secretary
● Director Rex Parker opened the Zoom meeting at 7:30 P.M.
● The agenda included:
* Calling for a slate of Trustee candidates for 2021-2022.
* Observatory policies for the upcoming season.
* Observatory repair permit statuses.
* Observatory repair funding update.
● Member Bill Murray offered to manage the position of Outreach Chair beginning immediately..
● The Board of Trustees all offered to manage their current responsibilities for the current and upcoming year (July 2021 through June 2022).
● The Board discussed Observatory rules as established by the State of New Jersey, particularly as deemed under the Covid 19 pandemic. There was reticence to the idea of expanding any event to include the general public (non-AAAP membership).
● There was agreement regarding holding a member’s night on April 16th. This would include a series of astro-video sessions.
● Bill Murray made the reminder there will be a partial annular solar eclipse visible from the Princeton area on the morning of June 10. The eclipse will already be engaged at sunrise (approx. 5:49:50 a.m. Trenton/Princeton).
● Treasurer Michael Mitrano reported Observatory repair contributions, spearheaded by Assistant Director Larry Kane, have currently reached about $6,000. He added this balance is over and above the club’s current operating balance of approximately $15,000.