by John Miller, Secretary
● Director Rex Parker opened the Zoom meeting at 7:30 P.M. There were 13 attendees
● The agenda included:
* club finances and membership.
* upcoming season meetings (speakers, Peyton Hall availability).
* observatory update.
* member involvement opportunities.
● Treasurer Michael Mitrano reviewed a newly-updated organization balance sheet for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2021. John Miller initiated a motion for discussion regarding simplifying (his term) general membership renewal schedule from a fiscal year term to a calendar-year term. A discussion ensued and the motion to change to a calendar-year renewal time frame was passed.
● Rex contacted Susan Duncan, Department Manager at Princeton University’s Department of Astrophysical Sciences. John Miller had a meeting with Department Chair Michael Strauss. The outcome of these discussions was: the AAAP will be restricted from using Peyton Hall for the foreseeable future. Both Covid-19 and a massive construction project across from Peyton Hall were cited. John Miller and Larry Kane agreed to investigate alternative physical meeting locations.
● Program Chair Victor Davis reviewed the upcoming season’s guest speaker roster. He has commitments through the Spring of 2022. The Board agreed Victor arranged for an excellent schedule.
● The idea of locating an appropriate vendor to produce new AAAP logo merchandise, e.g. baseball caps, golf shirts, etc. was well received.
● The Board is still at a stalemate concerning having an engineering vendor submit a letter and drawings, required by the State, to proceed with the observatory repair.
● David Skitt proposed keeping the observatory open for Public Friday Nights through November, to make up for Covid closures. The Board agreed and the Key holders will be notified to see if enough are willing to participate.
● The idea of a telescope loaner program was proposed. Portable telescopes owned by the AAAP could be borrowed by members for a pre-set period. The Board agreed with the idea, with details and rules to be determined. A facilitator is needed for the project.
Social media activity expansion by the AAAP was reviewed. Len Cacciatore and John Miller talked about integrating a third-party online merch store into the club website.The meeting adjourned at 9:45 P.M.