by John Miller, Secretary
Assistant Director Larry Kane opened the meeting at 7:30 p.m. AAAP overview and upcoming events schedule were discussed. Prasad Ganti then introduced the guest lecturer – member John Church
- Larry reminded the group about the upcoming Monday, November 11th Mercury transit. Plans are to have the observatory operational and members and guests can bring their own solar equipment. Bill Murrary mentioned the sun will be obstructed until about 9 a.m.
- Larry mentioned interest in the InfoAge Science facility located in Belmar, NJ. This includes and operational radio telescope refurbished in 2016 by the Princeton University Physics Department
- Review discussions were led by David and Jen Skitt regarding contractor reviews and other topics for the observatory structural upgrades. Treasurer Michael Mitrano is working on contractor contact
- Treasurer Michael Mitrano reported, in absentia, the club’s current cash balance was $15.6 K.
- Larry adjourned the meeting about 9:45 p.m.