by Jim Poinsett, Secretary
Minutes of the January 2019 Meeting of the Amateur Astronomers Association of Princeton
- After the lecture by Frank Reed on Celestial Navigation, Larry called the meeting to order.
Reports from the chairs of the departments:
- Program chair reports that lecturers are set for February and March, still waiting on April and May. Volunteers are needed for the 10 minute member presentations.
- Outreach reported an upcoming event on March 8th in Plainsboro. Also Communiversity is being held on April 28th.
- Treasurer reports that membership is in the mid 70s, many of the new members are youngand getting younger.
- Secretary had nothing to report.
- Observatory reports all is well. There is a letter going to the WC park superintendant about reducing the treeline near the observatory. There is some interest in a public night during the lunar eclipse.
- There being no additional new business the meeting was adjourned.