by Jim Poinsett, Secretary
Minutes of the December 2017 meeting of the Amateur Astronomers Association of Princeton
• The meeting was called to order at 7:30 by Michael Mitrano standing in for Rex Parker.
• Bill Murray gave a presentation on the life of Charles Messier.
• Treasurer’s report, Astronomy Calendars will be available at the next meeting and membership reminders will be sent out in January.
• Observatory News
o The water is turned off, bring your own if you want.
o The focusing tube on the Hastings is being worked on so the telescope is unusable. A break in the weather is needed and hopefully the work will be done by the end of January.
o There was lots of interest in electronic assisted astronomy, the event at the observatory was well attended. A decision needs to be made to have the new video camera ready for the next observing season.
• Outreach – the first event has been posted in the new outreach calendar, Feb 21 – intro to stargazing.
• There being no further business the meeting was adjourned.