by John Miller, Secretary
- Director Rex Parker opened the meeting at 7:30 p.m. AAAP overview and upcoming events schedule were discussed. Program Chair Ira Polans then introduced the guest lecturer.
- Prior to the AAAP progress meeting, member Jeff Pinyan presented a 10 minute talk about the importance and techniques to accomplish more effective public outreach.
- Gene Allen, Public Outreach Coordinator, asked if members were interested in bringing telescopes to the Midnight Magic Full Moon Bike Ridge (subsequently cancelled due to local environment difficulties).
- David Skitt, Observatory Co-Chair, headed a discussion regarding:
- The Bisque SkySoft mount operations software renewal.
- Observatory physical plant repairs and upgrades.
- Alert about the new observatory alarm system code changes and exit times.
- Member Tom Swords mentioned an early morning comet – 2018 W2 (Africano). Details – http://www.cometwatch.co.uk/comet-2018-w2-africano
- The meeting was adjourned about 9:45p.m.