by Jim Poinsett Sr.
Minutes of the April 9th meeting of the Amateur Astronomers Association of Princeton
- Rex called the meeting to order and Ira introduced the speakers for the evening, Gino Segre and Bettina Hoerlin and their lecture titled “The Pope of Physics, Enrico Fermi and the Birth of the Atomic Age”.
- After the lecture Prasad announced the slate of nominees for next year, everyone except Jim Poinsett as secretary will return. John Miller has placed his name in nomination for the secretary position.
- The dates for the celestial navigation class were discussed, contact Ira if interested.
- The club brochure has been re-designed with color graphics and photos by Rex Parker. Some professionally printed ones will be ordered and some will be printed by Jim Poinsett for communiversity.
- Speaking of that, Communiversity is April 28th, 1-6 PM, volunteers are needed. Contact Gene.
- Observatory news
- The water is on
- The Mewlon has been collimated
- A list of observatory equipment for member use is available, quite an impressive list.
- The ZWO ASI 294 camera is in use at the observatory the Starlight Express Ultrastar is available for members to borrow.
- May 3 and May 10 are the Planetarium / Observatory combination nights. Extra members would be helpful at the observatory to help with the crowd (optimistically) from the planetarium. That is if we ever get a clear Friday night, 0 for 4 so far.
- There are new exhibits at the Planetarium commemorating the 50th anniversary of the moon landing.
- There being no further business, the meeting was adjourned.